U.K RELAY 2018
HOW THE MOTORCYCLE RELAY WORKS:
• A mascot (usually a cuddly toy) will be carried by volunteer motorcycle riders in order to raise funds for our nominated charity.
• The mascot is transferred from rider to rider at set handover points around the UK on a pre-set route.
• The relay is non-stop, so different legs of the journey will take place during the day and night until the mascot completes the final leg of the relay.
• In order to carry the mascot (& therefore guarantee that the relay will travel through your local area) you must register as a Relay Rider & pay a £5 riders fee as a donation to our nominated charity. To do this, please visit our sign up page.
• All routes are 125cc friendly.
• Wherever possible it is our policy to ensure that all Relay Riders have support riders with them on their leg of the journey to ensure everyone's safety and as a back-up if the allocated carrier is unable to ride on the day for whatever reason.
• If you have agreed to take on a leg of the journey and are unable to do it PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP so we can sort something out - this applies to both mascot carriers and support riders.
• At each handover point you will fill out the paperwork that accompanies the mascot, take a few photos and (most importantly) let a member of the Admin team know that you have arrived so that we can keep everyone up-to-date on the mascot's progress and adjust other riders handover times if necessary.
If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask!!!
Relay Riders UK