We are a non-profit organisation of like minded bikers that come together for charity ride outs via our relays. Founded in 2014 we rode for Help For Heroes bringing in great results, everyone played there part and the event will hopefully turn out to be the first of many relays. As a Result of this a few of us from the group came up with the idea of doing this annually, since then we rode for Friends of PICU in 2015's relay, and are riding for The Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes. We have been producing merchandise, and working on many more fantastic fundraising ideas, with all the proceeds going to the yearly selected charity.
Our riders are spread out nationally, covering the UK. We hold them in high regard. Our riders vary in 125cc to 1000cc plus bikes. We have sports bikes, touring bikes, cruisers and scooters. All riding in unity coming together for a great cause.
We like to encourage all riders to get involved, especially those who are new to riding and have never taken part in a biking event before. Joining Relay Riders UK is wonderful way of meeting like minded bikers.
HOW THE MOTORCYCLE RELAY WORKS:
• A mascot (usually a cuddly toy) will be carried by volunteer motorcycle riders in order to raise funds for our nominated charity.
• The mascot is transferred from rider to rider at set handover points around the UK on a pre-set route.
• The relay is non-stop, so different legs of the journey will take place during the day and night until the mascot completes the final leg of the relay.
• In order to carry the mascot (& therefore guarantee that the relay will travel through your local area) you must register as a Relay Rider & pay a £10 riders fee as a donation to our nominated charity. To do this, please visit our sign up page.
• All routes are 125cc friendly.
• Wherever possible it is our policy to ensure that all Relay Riders have support riders with them on their leg of the journey to ensure everyone's safety and as a back-up if the allocated carrier is unable to ride on the day for whatever reason.
• If you have agreed to take on a leg of the journey and are unable to do it PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP so we can sort something out - this applies to both mascot carriers and support riders.
• At each handover point you will fill out the paperwork that accompanies the mascot, take a few photos and (most importantly) let a member of the Admin team know that you have arrived so that we can keep everyone up-to-date on the mascot's progress and adjust other riders handover times if necessary.
If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask!!!
Relay Riders UK
Meet the Team!
Tom Hurford - Founder & Executive
I'm Tom, I foundered Relay Riders in January 2015, after working along side with the Teddy Bear Relay in 2014. I foundered the Relay Riders because I wanted to give bikers a chance to prove that beneath our helmets and loud bikes we are all human, bringing together bikers from all over the united kingdom. To put on huge anual events. having fun along the way and raising vital life altering funds for the people that really need it. I would love for you all to join in our events to make them bigger and better.
Jason Percival - Executive Administrator
I'm Jason, I've been around since the first Teddy Bear Relay in 2014. I'm proud to be a Relay Rider, we've raised funds for worthy charities, created a positive buzz in the biker community, met some amazing people & made a load of new friends. I can't wait for the next event!